Version 1.13: New spell, less random movement, and better placement!
Hey everyone! Here’s an exciting new patch that should make the game better at every level of play. Also: we’re working on submitting the game to the Samsung App Store, so look for news on that soon!
Version 1.13 Patch Notes
– Flame Trap skill replaced with Firebomb. Firebomb (4CD) affects a diagonally adjacent tile (like Jump) and causes that tile to “explode”, pushing any adjacent monsters back. If there’s a monster on the tile, he gets Smokey Flavor, otherwise a flame is created on the tile.
Reasoning: Flame Trap was not an interesting skill. It didn’t do anything really to the game state, and optimal use of it was just “use it when you have it”. In fact, you’d almost always want to use it when the board was clear before anything was happening. Firebomb is an opportunity to give Auro one more tool that’s actually tactical, and in our testing it’s been a real blast to use!
– Better Placement Matches. We’ve added a new difficulty setting just for Placement Matches. It now gets much, much harder much faster. Here are the thresholds: [5, 15, 25, 30, 45, 60, 70, 85, 100]
– Nonrandom movement code. We changed the movement code so that when monsters move into a tile that’s adjacent to Auro, they will tend to do it in the same direction *or as similar a direction as possible*. Other movement, such as when actors run from Auro or approach from further away, still has a chance to be random.
– Explosions no longer “stack-push”; this means that if you have Fire | Rat | Rat, the game would push both rats out when you walk into the flame. Now, it won’t.
– Story Mode level 2 now requires the player to get 5 points before proceeding.
– Master 1 goal 100 => 90. Hard Mode’s difficulty slightly increased overall.
– All game modes now perpetually get harder and harder as levels go on by adding an extra Curse Kid and Licorice Bat on every level after a certain point.
– Segment reward for clearing a level reduced from 3=>2.
– Fixed a bug where exploded or rotisseried actors would stand still for an extra turn
– Fixed Story Mode Intro-monster portraits
– Improved many notes and other small text details
Discuss the patch HERE: http://www.dinofarmgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/version-1-13-patch-notes.1355/
Also, if you’re interested in helping us with beta versions, sign up on the forums and send a PM to keithburgun (that’s me) and let me know.