Weird Dreams

Discussion in 'Other Topics' started by Erenan, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

That's a good what-if.xkcd question; you should submit it as one.

A quick calculation suggests that (a)no more than a hundred thousand flies could simultaneously attack a vertical window and (b) it would take more flies than that to break most windows.

If the window were a horizontal skylight, you could keep stacking flies on top of it until it broke. But a million flies only works out to ~25lbs weight, which most windows should be able to bear.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Erenan likes this.
  2. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Done.

3. richy

richy Well-Known Member

After the first few hit they might start to build up a layer of bodies and actually protect the window! I think they'd need a weapon. Could flies carry their own weight equivalent - maybe just about? So if a 20lb gang of 1 million flies got a 10lb ice pick, and if the brighter ones among them could work out a harness from 1 million strands of spider silk weighing another 10lb, and then they swung it at the window (say 5mph). Would that break a window? Probably some at least?

4. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Maybe, though I was kind of wondering about whether they could do it without the aid of tools.

5. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

I dreamed that everyone at DF adopted a gold and black avatar.

6. richy

richy Well-Known Member

What have you been eating?

alastair and Erenan like this.
  7. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Ha hha hah ahha a. Mostly chicken and beef based entrees. Why?

8. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Last night I dreamt that someone put a couple kids in charge of the USA and they started creating laws based on rough ideological principles without really understanding what their effects would be. But then I woke up and went PHEW IT WAS JUST A DREAM.

HotDiva1114 and alastair like this.
  9. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I had a dream where I was looking at reviews of a bed and breakfast. One particular review simply said, "3/10. The breakfast was awesome."

When I visited it, all seven of the beds were in the same room and they filled the vacant ones with homeless people. The breakfast involved some sort of five-pasta blend, but I can't say how awesome it was because everything tastes the same in my dreams.

HotDiva1114, alastair and Erenan like this.
  10. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Posted by Avens O'Brien on FB:

I had a weird dream last night that I got a call that Donald Trump wanted me to be his Chief of Staff. It had already been leaked to the press, and I was being attacked by all sides, but decided to take the job. My public statement involved thanking the man with tiny hands for allowing me to implement a liberty strategy and I cancelled all his previous appointments and said "we're doing this differently". Then I told him he has to pardon Chelsea Manning & Edward Snowden, end the war on drugs, and nominate Jeffrey Tucker to SCOTUS. He was resistant but went along with it because I promised that history would see him as the best president we'd ever had.

Also when people asked why he offered me the job he told them his daughter Ivanka Trump was my biggest fan and recommended me, and he felt my pink hair was "daring".

I woke up feeling like I'm not doing enough with my life right now.

HotDiva1114 and Waterd like this.
  11. Waterd

Waterd Well-Known Member

I dreamed I was in the highway in a car going extremly fast and careless, doomed to crash. The driver was Gary jhonson. We did Crash, and we survived because I used a Time stop device.
    Gary jhonson layed below a tree and started to laugh as a maniac with a cup of Fastfood Soda in hand, ocassionally sipping it, just to resume his maniacal laugh, I decided to walk away until he was no longer in sight.

HotDiva1114, keithburgun and Erenan like this.
  12. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

I love it. That is amazing.

13. HotDiva1114

HotDiva1114 New Member

So, I haven't visited this forum in a while and for some odd reason it came up in a dream. I'm not sure if it was this specific forum but I thought I'd check in. Feeling a little lonely this holiday season. And I'm glad I'm back. Erenan, I've gotta say, I've enjoyed reading about your dreams. You seem to have an interesting brain. :) how's your thanksgiving and holiday season?? Wishing mine were like this...

Erenan likes this.
  14. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha. Um. So was it like that or was it lame?

15. Nomorebirds

Nomorebirds Member

Just had a dream last night that I thought was funny and relevant to this forum.

Keith Burgun tweeted that he was going to a water park and that he wanted any fans or followers of his work to tag along. I decided to go, and while my dream skipped over the water park part, the scene shifted to later in the night and we were having dinner somewhere. Having never been introduced up until this point for whatever reason he asked me how I knew him and I told him I was Nomorebirds on the forums, to which he rolled his eyes, completely seriously.

That's all I can remember. I just thought it was pretty funny. I hope if I ever met Keith in person he wouldn't roll his eyes about it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    BrickRoadDX, Weaver and keithburgun like this.
  16. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

I would never do that. Especially not to you!

17. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

I dreamed that Jonathan Blow was giving a talk or presentation or something to a small group of like five or six gamers. He was wearing a VR headset and was throwing candy to the group of gamers. However, he couldn't see where they were because of the headset, so he was just tossing the candy randomly. The gamers were unable to catch the candy because they were all wearing VR headsets too.

18. francisbaud

francisbaud New Member

Very interesting read, thanks for sharing!

19. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

I dreamed that I was going undercover as a world-renowned salsa dancer to try to infiltrate a drug cartel headquarters that was hidden inside the heel of a giant men's shoe at the bottom of a dark valley filled with monsters. My cover was blown, but I escaped and they tried to sic the monsters on me but I pulled a rocket launcher out of hammerspace and blew them up. Then I told the head of the Important Government Agency that I had information that could lead to the capture of Pablo Escobar. He didn't think it was important enough to stop what he was doing to listen to me.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 7:20 PM
  20. Waterd

Waterd Well-Known Member

Had a nightmare, I was invited to Tom Vassel house to play a tournament of Kemet, and I was losing vs Tom vassel and Sam healey. I was feeling desperate. I was losing because I couldn't remember strategy.
    I know it sounds funny and you may think i'm joking but my desperation was nightmarish and I woke up because the anxiety.

Redless, BrickRoadDX and Erenan like this.