Version 1.30 Bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by keithburgun, Apr 29, 2015.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Submit your new bugs here. How's it running?

2. major_shiznick

major_shiznick Well-Known Member

Not new, but also never reported, afaik: Curse Kids often do not wake up when you step into a three-tile radius of them. I notice it a lot when they're on the edge.

Charles can push Auro through a Squid.

Squids can spawn on top of one another.

Is there an up-to-date Known Bugs list? The posted one is supposedly three months old.

3. keithburgun

We also got one report of horrible display issues on iPhone 6. Not just blurry, but now it's blurry and also "nearest neighbor"ing pixels all over the place. Anyone with an iPhone 6 / 6+ that can verify this?

4. spinner357

spinner357 Well-Known Member

The curse kid got stuck...again... Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-43-31.png
    This time I let him live.

5. keithburgun

It'd be an easy kill with Firebomb!

By the way, what device are you on? It's displaying a bit weird there.

6. spinner357

spinner357 Well-Known Member

I had my reasons for not killing him. All the spells were unavaible and there were few power tiles, so I preferred to use my spells for survival; a few turns later, I aggroed too many monsters, so I had to move east, and by the time I killed them all he was too far away.

With that useless anecdote out of the way...I'm using an Android 5.0.2 Motorola moto g.

7. rhotacized schwa

rhotacized schwa New Member

On my HTC One, since 1.30 I've been mistapping a LOT. It went from never being an issue to pretty frequently costing me games (basically, the opposite of what the patch notes advertised). I just had a game where I feel my touch was misinterpreted 4 out of 5 times in a row, but that must have been a bug or fluke; I'd say it happens almost once a game normally (and in Master 2 that's often enough to cause a loss).

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for this, but I dug around a little and didn't see any mention of it. It's really affected me a lot -- I'm not sure if it's a device thing, but the fact that "improved tap detection" was a fix in 1.30, I thought I'd put it out there.

keithburgun likes this.
  8. keithburgun

1.31 has some tap fixes. Sorry about that!

9. Kdansky

Kdansky Well-Known Member

Sad to say, but 1.31 is not properly scaled on my galaxy s2. Its squished vertically.

1.30 WS perfect.

10. keithburgun

Yeah we knew some of that would happen, @Kdansky . The good news is we're still working on the problem, as our attempt to revert to 1.29 also didn't fix our iPhone 6 problem. So it will be fixed!

Kdansky likes this.
  11. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I have observed two instances in which the game crashed during a Rotisserie double kill. I don't know whether they were related.

12. Senator

Senator Moderator

The game crashes a lot now on my Galaxy Nexus--I feel like I've definitely seen some Rotisseries involved, but also not. Flames more generally might be a common factor.

13. keithburgun

Hmm. I did just fix a bug with rotisserie-ing L.bats, but I doubt that that would crash the game. Other than that, crashes sound bad and I wanna fix them, but I haven't had any myself, so if you guys can let me know at least what you were doing when there was a crash, that would be excellent.

14. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member Staff Member

If you are surrounded by all sides by water/monsters, and have no legal pushes/spells, the game docks you an HP point and returns you to the start. This should *not* happen when you are Abomination, haha.

15. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I once had the game fail to warp me to the start, because I had a candy that happened to do nothing.

16. Kdansky

Kdansky Well-Known Member

:current::lich::auro::charles:

If you bump the flyer into the vortex, it dies, then Charles will throw you into the same vortex (which should be gone!), sending you flying.

Stack-pushing seems to be gone completely from this version. Both the rules and the implementation need to be cleared up.

17. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

The rule I have inferred is that stack-pushing only works if everyone involved is on a floe.

18. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Another crash, resulting from a Curse Kid on its first move stepping on a flattened Slime, bouncing on Auro, and landing in fire.

19. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Another crash, a Troggle overrunning a licorice bat on floe and falling into water. The crash occurred on the Troggle's death animation.

:water::floe:.:bat::floe::troggle:
    ..:water:.:floe::auro:

PS: Any chance you could standardize the sizes of the tile smilies? And give us a right-half-of-hex smilie?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    keithburgun likes this.
  20. keithburgun

Yeah I think they mostly are standardized, I guess water is just big, I'll fix that. And half-hex is a great idea.