Version 1.3 Beta Reactions Thread

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by keithburgun, May 7, 2014.

1. Tridens

Tridens New Member

It may just be that I'm getting a little better at the game, although I still stink at it. I'd rely on feedback from more experienced users.... Loving the game, though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

keithburgun likes this.
  2. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

The update is out on iOS now!

keithburgun likes this.
  3. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

And Android!

4. Nachtfischer

Reaching the initial "80 points" goal took me a good 20 minutes. So that's definitely shorter than before. I suppose games last longer, the higher you go, given that the goal will just be upscaling.

Maybe @Tridens exeperience has to do with him just playing for points? In a survival-style? I didn't test how long I could theoretically last, I just "won" and that's it. I suppose it could be quite a bit longer, if you're going for the "see how long you can last" playstyle.

5. Tridens

Tridens New Member

Yes, I am playing past the initial goal of 80. After you successfully beat a leader at 80, the game gives you a second level target (105), so for me the games go longer than ideally I'd like. It's hard for me to find enough time in one sitting to play through a full game (reading in reviews about ~30 min play times was one of the features of this game that initially drew me to purchase it). Despite that, still loving the game. I just need to use the 'Continue' option more than I'd like.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

6. Nachtfischer

By the way, any chance 1.3 will make it to the PC version on GamersGate?

7. keithburgun

I don't think it's worth the development cost to update the PC version unless we can get it on Steam. At least that's what I'm pretty sure Crazy Monkey is thinking. I don't think many people at all bought the game on GG, sadly.

8. Tridens

Tridens New Member

You can play on PC via Bluestacks (I've tried it), and you can also consider backing the Console OS project on Kickstarter (dual boot Android and PC).

9. keithburgun

I will run the idea by CMS of bringing 1.3 to PC and see what they say.

Nachtfischer likes this.