Version 1.1 Released

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by keithburgun, Oct 29, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

2. Senator

Senator Moderator

Cool. I noticed that no patch notes were appended to the Google Play download page. Highly recommend that the team indicate what's new in a visible place on the store!

3. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

1.1 is out on iOS now!

Played one quick game with the wizard and I really like it. It has indeed gotten a lot harder since the last beta we had. :)

keithburgun likes this.
  4. keithburgun

Hooray!

5. Dasick

Dasick Well-Known Member

Ok, so feedback as I play this game:

I really like this game. Best 5$ I ever spent :D

There seems to be way too much strife given in the beginning. You never really get that squeaky clean feeling of an incredibly efficient, yet small deck. You just start the game and already you have this junk in your deck.

Whatever happened to the idea of victory points being the useless weight instead of strife? I was really looking forward to that. The way strife currently works is just too much of a snowball in the monster's favour. What I liked about the original idea is that while the player is winning and getting stronger, ie snowballing, the VPs in the deck counter-snowball.

Also, monster nests seem to pop up without rhyme or reason, on or off desolation. Plus there is a lot of desolation in the wild... i thought the idea was that the player causes desolation, and like, monsters make nests in the ruins of the cities?

Battles get a bit puzzle-y at times. What about a 'preview turn' button?

keithburgun likes this.
  6. keithburgun

That's a good thing. An incredibly efficient yet small deck = the player is basically invincible. "Small" isn't as much of a downside as you might think, haha. Having 1 Meteor card in your deck is the optimal deck probably.

Yeah we might bring back the VPs -> strife thing somehow.

Monster nests pop up a bit randomly but it should only be happening on desolation... are you sure that it happened on clear land? Monsters also cause desolation.

Not sure what you mean by puzzle-y.

7. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

By the way, I'd like to say that 1.1 is indeed a LOT better than 1.0. That fact might go under with all the (great!) discussions about systems and future changes. I am having a blast with the new version! Congratulations on that for once, to you Keith and the dev team.

Now continue your work please, haha. ;)

keithburgun likes this.
  8. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I recall an old (beta #2) behavior where monster nests would pop up off desolation if there was no desolation left in the world.