Skip card selection after winning battle

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by Tridens, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Tridens

Tridens New Member

Are you able to skip the card draw after winning a battle? That would help keep a streamlined deck. The instructions say it's advisable to keep a streamlined deck, but I don't know how one does that except for removing strife cards. Thanks for advising.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

No, you can't skip the card draw. Part of the game concept is that you can't really "keep a streamlined deck". You can do a little to mitigate it, but you can never just keep it lean.

3. Tridens

Tridens New Member

Thanks, Keith. That makes sense, but you might want to modify the in-game instructions then, which seem to indicate you can/should keep a streamlined deck. After reading that, I thought I was missing something.

4. keithburgun

Well, you should try to keep a streamlined deck, as much as you possibly can, within the rules. However, the rules intentionally don't allow you to really actually do that for very long. It's the same thing as how you should try to survive.

5. Tridens

Tridens New Member

Other than removing Strife cards and minimizing receiving more of them, how else can you streamline your deck? I guess you can "pseudo" streamline by choosing multiple copies of the same cards after each battle (rather than diversifying). Am I missing any other way of streamlining?

6. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

You can get rid of unwanted cards with the Purge action card.

keithburgun likes this.
  7. keithburgun

Also not taking damage to your base, which adds Strife.

8. Tridens

Tridens New Member

Ok. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk