Ridiculous Modern Videogame screenshots

Discussion in 'Games (and Other Interactive Entertainment)' started by keithburgun, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Nomorebirds

Nomorebirds Active Member

It gets way worse than that:

You can self-destruct to blow off the main character's skirt, revealing just a thong underneath, and then you can just keep playing without the skirt.

2. Kreylix

Kreylix Member

The Era of Dual-wielding very awkwardly with self-levitating extremely heavy guns with auto-targeting is upon us. Or can Mr. Blaz shoot in two directions at once?

The expression on his face is, "Am I really holding these right?!"

keithburgun likes this.
  3. Kdansky

Kdansky Well-Known Member

It's the main character of the new Wolfenstein game. A game with 90's shooter sensibilities about how much gun you need (all of it). You can dual wield everything. It's silly, but at least the devs are in on the joke.

Making fun of that seems snobbish. Let people have their fun with blatantly ridiculous ideas. That is a very different beast from shit like pre-orderdering in-game currency.

4. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

If it wasn't gun-worship and hyper toxic masculinity that it was also activating in people, I would leave it alone.

Plumlum likes this.
  5. Kreylix

Kreylix Member

In seriousness, that game's guns are intentionally campy, and it doesn't actually bug me. I just like to comment on Real Visual aspects of it. :)

6. richy

richy Well-Known Member

Maybe he thinks the left gun is one of those shape-shifting Prey things in the form of a gun, and he's planning to shoot it off with the right gun?

7. Laukku

Laukku Well-Known Member

In an effort to make ADOM more accessible to casual gamers, Biskup has implemented these informative popup guides for each stage of completing a quest (getting a quest from an NPC, entering the cave where the objective is located, etc):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG CONGRATS YOU GOT A NEW QUEST YOU ARE SO AWESOME YOU ARE THE BEST PLAYER EVER LET ME FILL HALF THE SCREEN TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT ALONGSIDE A WORTHLESS ASCII ART ICON I MADE IN FIVE MINUTES AND REQUIRE YOU TO PRESS ANOTHER KEY TO GET RID OF THIS MESSAGE

I'm reminded of this image. Yes, some guidance is good, but this is the wrong way to do it. This is just annoying when starting a new game and quickly talking to all quest givers in the first town.

8. Kdansky

What really bothers me about this is that this is to make ADOM more accessible.

There might be one or two other issues with accessibility in an ASCII-rogue-like, starting on the lower three rows full of incomprehensible abbreviations, even to a roleplaying games veteran such as myself.

9. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Anyone know a game where I can swim down into the water and slice the fuck out of some sea life with a Rambo dagger?

[​IMG]

Plumlum and Redless like this.
  10. Lemon

Lemon Well-Known Member

That game actually looks like great fun. Its an asymmetrical pvp game of divers vs sharks. I want something like this in VR.

11. Kdansky

The major feature of this mobile game is that it completely plays itself, except for the menu where you enter your credit card info. It's basically an elaborate screensaver.

Could not link the time-stamp, watch from 2:20 (about a minute, then you've seen it).

For context: Lineage 2 was a brutally grindy Korean MMORPG in 2003, which makes vanilla WoW look very good in comparison in nearly all regards. You spent ten hours farming wolves and boars, equipment broke and potions cost a fortune, the guild-structure was a pyramid-scheme where only the people at the top got anything, you had to wait minutes to replenish your mana bar, etc etc.

12. Laukku

Laukku Well-Known Member

I guess the devs have never heard of Progress Quest?

13. Nomorebirds

Nomorebirds Active Member

New game Kingdom Come: Deliverance just came out, I was watching a stream to see what it was about when I saw this "perk" as the streamer was leveling up.

Manly Odor
    Requirement: Player Level 2.
    You gain 50% increased charisma when talking to women when dirty. However does not work well for stealth. Your stealth skill is reduced by 30%.

How is this a thing? Who gave this the okay?

keithburgun likes this.
  14. Kreylix

Kreylix Member

Same people who won't put poc characters in the game, insisting there were no poc in medieval Europe (despite logic and images in museums). Same people claiming this is the most realistic sim of medieval Europe ever.

keithburgun likes this.