Rank 18 play

Discussion in 'Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure' started by keithburgun, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Toad_Racer

Toad_Racer Well-Known Member

I look at a match I played a couple of months ago and discuss how I would have played it differently now:

2. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Sweet! I posted it to all the Dinofarm social media channels!

Toad_Racer likes this.
  3. Toad_Racer

I think when things started going south there at the end I should have somehow gotten the brute to throw me in the water and then I could probably replenish my spells safely.

4. Toad_Racer

Weaver and richy like this.
  5. richy

richy Well-Known Member

Nope, didn't do the dance properly!

Interesting comment you made - could it be Auro somehow stimulates/uses some of the same parts of the mind as hacky sacking and there is a skill crossover?

6. Toad_Racer

Haha I don't know about all that, I just use the term 'dance' to refer to non-spell monster manipulation.

7. richy

richy Well-Known Member

:) Oh well nice theory while it lasted! You also suggested in another thread about trying to come up with a strategy game that incorporated an element of physical skill.

It made me think about other hobbies and game taste in general, and how much influence the former have on the latter for people, even if not necessarily a skill crossover. My biggest hobby was always home improvement (full time job atm in fact), but has that corresponded to game taste, not sure. Bricklaying/tiling - Tetris OK yes, and I loved World of Goo, but bridge builder games, ehhh I've never really clicked with. What I really like most is painting (i.e. house painting not portraits!) and the game I've probably played most is Civilization. Any crossover there? IDK, maybe in that the main goal is to paint the whole map your own colour by the end of the game. Yes maybe that also explains the vast amount of time I've spent trying to design a stripped-down Civ including little else except painting the map your colour :D

8. Toad_Racer

I think I would describe it as a dexterity game that follows some strategy game design principles.

9. Toad_Racer

10. Toad_Racer

11. keithburgun

That was a really great one! Thanks for sharing that, dude. Keep them coming :D

Toad_Racer likes this.
  12. Toad_Racer

13. Toad_Racer

14. Toad_Racer

15. Toad_Racer

16. keithburgun

17. Toad_Racer