Random Questions (and Answers to Them)

Discussion in 'Other Topics' started by Erenan, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

When you eat trail mix, do you deliberately try to scoop up certain elements of the mix disproportionately?

I personally have a sweet tooth, so I tend to favor whatever sweet things there are in there (usually M&Ms).

Unfortunately, this produces a bag of trail mix with a disproportionately small number of M&Ms by the end. It's all nuts and raisins now! Crap.

2. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Here's another question I'm wondering about:

Let's say you're trying to raise money for some cause. Let's also say you have a friend trying to raise money for a different cause. So you have the idea to give away a prize to a lucky winner in some drawing or whatever that is set up to produce a positive yield of funds. But then you also have the crazy idea to rig the drawing so that your friend gets the prize. Then he can turn around and host another drawing with the same prize and rig it so you get it back. Repeat ad nauseum.

Do you think you'd get in trouble if you tried this? Will Batman be crashing my party to shut me down? Will I be forced to punch him?

3. BrickRoadDX

BrickRoadDX Well-Known Member

Rigging your draw is definitely unethical! Whether you get caught depends on your STEALTH attribute.

4. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

In case it wasn't clear, I meant for this thread to be a place where anyone could post their own questions or give answers to previously posted questions, regardless of whether they are me or not, and regardless of whether they too adhere to Punchyism as I do.

Oh, that's my problem! A bright pink suit makes STEALTH difficult. No wonder Batman always foils my plots... :(

5. SwiftSpear

SwiftSpear Active Member

This is unfortunately a reasonably common marketing technique (which I feel is very unethical). Contests create buzz for a product. A friend of mine recently participated in an online competition for a modest sized magazine, the magazine announced and publicized the winners of the contest without publishing the voting results. They thought they were in the clear, but they overlooked the fact that they had used bitly to distribute the URL to their poll. My friend was able to isolate through bitly's public data that roughly 50% of the traffic to the contest was from her followers, which would imply that she probably handily won the contest considering there were more than 10 competitors.

In general I don't think people should be doing things they would be unwilling to do if the public knew exactly what they were doing.

6. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Hey Erenan - know any good jokes?

7. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

Here are the jokes I've previously posted on this forum. This is pretty much all the jokes I know. You can decide for yourself if any of them are good.

--

An engineer, a scientist, a mathematician, and a philosopher are vacationing on a small island and walking along when suddenly they come across a black sheep. "Oh," says the engineer, "looks like the sheep on this island are black!" The scientist says skeptically, "Well, some of them are anyway." The mathematician says to them both, "Well, at least one of them is." Finally, the philosopher turns to them and says, "Well, at least on one side."

--

An Englishman, a Frenchman, a Spaniard, and a German are standing in a square watching a juggler perform before a large crowd. However, the four of them complain that they can't see him well enough. So the juggler climbs onto a table and says, "Now can you see me?"

The Englishman says "yes."
    The Frenchman, "oui."
    The Spaniard, "si."
    And the German, "ja."

--

So there's this young lady with a penchant for short skirts who gets a job as a cashier at a bakery. On her first day, a young man comes in, looks at the shelves of bread behind her and asks if he can buy some raisin bread. She looks and sees it's on the top shelf, so she gets the ladder, climbs up and gets it and sells it to the guy and he leaves. Pretty soon a group of men come in and again they look at the bread and they all order raisin bread. So up and down the ladder she goes and sells them their bread. Well, by the end of the day there's a large crowd of men in the store and one by one they all place their orders and lo and behold every order is raisin bread. Climbing up and down the ladder is getting pretty exhausting, so finally, fed up, she gets their attention and says, "guys, how many of yours are raisin?" An old guy in the front raises his hand and says, "mine's starting to twitch a bit."

--

And a few more:

What's the most boring way to travel?
    On an air-PLAIN!

What do you call a horse who lives next door?
    A NEIGH-bor!

What do you call a pig who lives next door?
    A neigh-BOAR!

What's brown and sticky?
    A stick!

Hey, Ralphs sign, why don't you have an apostrophe?

What's the difference between a duck?

8. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

What's a cow's favorite part of a car?
    The STEERing wheel. Hahahahahahahaha.

9. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I started a new thread for jokes so we don't need to keep derailing this one.

10. Erenan

Erenan Well-Known Member

That didn't seem like a derail. Why do you say it was a derail?

11. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Keith asked a question and you answered. Thread working.
    You then made another post with an additional joke. Minor derail.
    My response with another joke would have been a major derail, so I put it in a different thread.