1. Push the Lane Kickstarter is LIVE!
    Dismiss Notice

Push the Lane! Download/Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Push the Lane! (A Keith Burgun Game)' started by keithburgun, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

DOWNLOAD
    Version 0.000 - 12-20-16
    Full post about it here.

(You should be able to download most previous versions by simply copying the above link and modifying the version number.)

2. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD
    Version: 0.001 - 03-09-17

This version is actually kind of playable. Play as though the goal is to get 10 points before the enemy (red) does.

- Do not use the 3rd ability, it will crash the game.
    - If you play in full screen you'll have to task manager kill the game, I haven't put in an exit yet.
    - Right now Vacuums and Reactors look the same, but they are not the same. They both work I think.

3. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD
    Version 0.002 - 03-09-17

- Hopefully fixed the screen resolution stuff where people couldn't press buttons and whatnot
    - You can now press Escape to exit the application
    - Added an icon and a splash screen

4. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD
    Version 0.003 - 03-14-17

- All three structures now kind of work. BEWARE 2 structures look identical but have different names.
    - You can now win and lose (30 points). The game will still let you play after this but you'll have a big YOU WIN on screen
    - Massive bug fixes to how tower power worked - it was ALL borked before. Should make much more sense now
    - Enemy starting power reduced from 20 to 18
    - Third ability now is usable. Increases power of all gems on a lane +10 and creates crystals on lane tiles without a gem (don't use it on a non-lane, and also there is a bug where it only spawns VISIBLE crystals on screen).
    - Title screen added, but I disabled it for this build because it might have broken things

5. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD

Version 0.004

- You can now move around by clicking with the mouse - makes the game way more playable
    - The Jump ability now splits a gem into two 1-gems, one above and one below, if you land on one.
    - The Vacuum now pulls gems DOWNWARD (only) until they hit a lane.
    - Two same-color gems can now combine with each other positively.
    - Added cheats for +1000 money and refilling you cooldowns.
    - Art overhaul is halfway done
    - Cooldown buttons now hide the number if the number is zero
    - bugfixes

6. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD

Version 0.006

Okay, I lied before and said the last version would be the last one I make available for non-patrons. But it was crashing and this one is so VASTLY better than the previous ones that I really had to share.

- If you move onto a tile with a gem, you swap places with it. This is really strategically huge for the game.
    - Gems won't move onto your tile
    - Lots of new art
    - All 3 of Tennor's spells are decent now
    - Swap - now swaps the COLOR of a red gem, or pumps up a yellow gem by 10
    - Jump - same, but splits a gem vertically into two 1's if you land on a gem
    - Sonic Blast - Push all adjacent gems out a tile (weak right now but usable)
    - The game spawns a BIG GEM after 8 turns but it's kinda screwy right now, doesn't do a whole lot.
    - Tons of bug fixes

Enjoy. Next thing I gotta do is have the enemy towers ramp up in difficulty throughout the match, which they currently do not do.

7. keithburgun

Edit: Fixed the link above which was previously broken.

8. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD

This is by far the most playable version of the game. Huge changes to almost every aspect since the last versions. Highlights:
    - Swapping places with gems as a basic action really changes everything
    - An extra blue lane in the middle
    - Game now detects wins and losses (30 points)
    - BIG GEMs now spawn when you score on an enemy lane. BIG GEMs only move when hit by a yellow gem and have a ton of health.
    - Game now increases difficulty over the course of the match

So far I haven't been able to win a match but I feel like if you draw the right buildings it might be possible.

CHEATS: C = refresh cooldowns, M = 1000 money.

9. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD

Tons of bugs fixed, and a lot of balance work done. You might be able to win but it's going to be really hard I think.
    - Big Gems nerfed a lot
    - Fixed a bug where the red team could get points at 0 or 1 power balance
    - Multiple gems on the same tile now (mostly) resolves correctly
    - Fixed a crash when you put reactors on the top or bottom tiles
    - Lanes can't go "negative" or beyond the furthest right point in terms of power balance
    - Gems won't sit there and die on their own towers if you're standing in front of them

10. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD

Version 0.014 - the BUILDINGS patch!
    - New building: CASH MACHINE! Gives you +1 gold for 90 turns (costs around 30).
    - Vacuum update: Now pulls friendly gems onto its tile, and is cheaper. Has a 1-turn cooldown.
    - New building: SUPER Vacuum. Lasts much longer.
    - Fan: new functionality, now will push the player 3 tiles to the right if they walk on it.
    - Overall balance tweaks; you start with more money.

Weaver likes this.
  11. keithburgun

DOWNLOAD

Version 0.015 - a new kind of hidden information!
    There's a few small changes in this version - mostly behind-the-scenes stuff. But the big change is that FOG OF WAR IS GONE. Now, gems appear as a generic upload_2017-5-17_21-25-5.png gem until you get close enough.

Beyond that let me know if you find any new weird bugs.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.