1. Push the Lane Kickstarter is LIVE!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Empire release 1.1

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by Senator, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Senator

Senator Moderator

Resurrection is too powerful otherwise. Another way to think of it is that resurrecting a unit costs one Strife--but you can still use that unit to fight the battle, and you save the materials cost of the unit as well. Pretty darn good card even with the Strife penalty, no?

2. Fantom

Fantom New Member

Yes, you're right but you got so many strifes... Even at the beginning of the game ! I know it's a big part of the balancing system...

3. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

It's some cheater. The guy has 90000000 points.

4. Fantom

Fantom New Member

There is a big bug when the game is not played for a while and when you come back... The terrain becomes crazy and you got strange new configuration that will never occur in normal play... That explain how you can get a lot of points in the game with no difficulty (and make the Game Center ranking unfaithfull). After coming back to play, I got a city totally surrounded by water and no enemy was able to reach me anymore... I took a screenshot for debug and will send it to development team... Also part of the screen was cut as you may see in the second screenshot...

Attached Files:

5. Gizoku

Gizoku New Member

@Fantom

I held off playing too much of 1.0 once I heard about the changes for 1.1. And now I'm having this exact issue, which is stopping me from playing 1.1!

6. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Gizoku, we're always going to be improving the game. Don't let that discourage you from playing the game as it exists now! It's like science - it's good because it can change!

7. Gizoku

Gizoku New Member

That's fair enough when it's just balance changes and new features etc. but now when I leave the game and come back later the entire map changes and half of it is covered in water!

I didn't want to burn out on 1.0 which is why I waited for 1.1, but now this issue is fairly game breaking :(

8. keithburgun

Oh, that's just a bug. Does that happen frequently? We've never seen it on our side.

9. Gizoku

Gizoku New Member

It happens every time I leave the game and come back to it later (I guess when it stops running in the background). It's mentioned by Fantom and SyKot in this thread also. I'm on an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.

10. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

I always close the game in the background manually (I have this weird urge to do that with anything I don't actually use at the moment) and I never encountered this bug.

11. Gizoku

Gizoku New Member

I guess I'll try that then!

Attached a couple of screenshots, both of these towns were 'landlocked' before I left the game and returned, now they're both coastal and I'm also experiencing the 'angular fog' issue.

Attached Files:

12. Silvercloak

Silvercloak New Member

Yes, a visual effect (even just different colouring) seems sensible.

13. Vesperan

Vesperan New Member

I also have that issue with the save games being screwed after a long (one day) absence. Attached screenshot. Ipad 3.

Great game otherwise, like the emperor types

View attachment 50

Attached Files:

14. yamo

yamo New Member

When i try to start the game i get the error message tha Empire.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I just bought this today from GamersGate. What should i do?:(

15. Jim

Jim New Member

I hope this is the correct place to post this. I purchased this game on the Mac App store, however I can't play it because none of the text appears on the screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it makes no difference. The version sold on the Mac App store is 1.1.0, which is why I chose this particular thread. I exceed the OS requirement, which is why I decided to spend Five of my hard earned dollars on this game, despite the lack of reviews or ratings in the store itself.

I can tell I would love this game. I can also tell that my friends would love this game, especially since it's cross-platform. From what I have seen it looks fantastic! It just doesn't seem to work.

Oops, forgot to mention that the buttons work, they just don't appear.

Attached Files:

keithburgun likes this.
  16. keithburgun

Thanks Jim. It has been passed along to Crazy Monkey Studios. I appreciate your effort!