I'd like to apologise

Discussion in 'Other Topics' started by Lemon, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Lemon

Lemon Well-Known Member

Over the past 5 years there has been a lot of heated discussion in the (now archived) politics subforum. Personally, I made over 1,000 posts there! While I believe the vast majority of my posts were well researched, reasoned and sourced, some of them crossed a line into anger and even direct aggression. I was far from the only one being aggressive, but that doesn't excuse my actions. So I'd like to publicly apologise in particular to @serebei251 and to @Kdansky for some very nasty posts I've directed at them. I'd also like to apologise to anyone else who feels personally attacked by me.

Most of these heated arguments were about gender, in one form or another. This is a topic that hits very close to home for me because I've been sexually assaulted by women twice before, once as a child and once as a teenager. I've also had some other unfortunate experiences that I've talked about before on this forum and don't need to cover again here. I think most of my anger was in response to a general attitude of dismissing male victims and female perpetrators of intimate offenses which I perceived here on multiple occasions. I'm not trying to start another fight about gender now, but rather just trying to give my perspective. If I could have one wish, it would be that we all put divisive gender identitarianism behind us and instead work together to help people who have faced hardship regardless of their gender. This is the last comment I'll make on this topic here, and perhaps anywhere online.

In other news the demo for my game is now finished, 2 years in the making. I'm currently building a website and doing all the other odd jobs in preparation for launch at the end of this month. The low-level gameplay has taken a lot of inspiration from clockwork game design and from Auro, so I hope it will be well received here.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

It's all good. I've always considered you one of the most valuable forum members despite the degree to which I disagree with you on issues of gender and some other related issues. Looking forward to your game!

Nachtfischer, Lemon and BrickRoadDX like this.