Hello everybody !

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by crossbow, Apr 11, 2014.

1. crossbow

crossbow New Member

I'm glad to join this community . I'm french, and a new but enthusiastic player of Empire . the thing i wish to talk about today is about a condition of victory i've imagined : 3 levels of difficulty, with 3 goals to reach (an increasing number of victory points) : when this number is attained, the next monster nest appearing somewhere could be a Hive nest with a giant, immobile plant-like monster to the right-side of the screen with many hit points and tentacles to fight . This giant seed was the cause of the Desolation . If the player succeeds,he cleanses the country & win . if he fails, the plant heals and immediately launches an attack at the city who attacked her with super monsters travelling from the nest . Of course, this option should be disallowable in a menu for whose who want to play the Old-school way ! what do you think of that ? :)

2. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Hi crossbow! Actually your suggestion has been made at least once before, and I agree with it. We're currently starting on a big 1.3 patch (starts on monday, I'm gonna write a post about it soon). I will see if maybe we can do something like this for that version. Either way, we will have some changes to the victory condition for this version, for sure, to make it way better. Also your suggestion fits in pretty well with some of the other monster-related changes coming up.

Would you like to beta test version 1.3 for us before it's released? If so, PM me your email.

3. crossbow

crossbow New Member

Thanks for the answer ! Actually i have also 3 other topics i wish to talk about : 1) Since the previous updates, the Tutorial itself (voice + text) hasn't been updated, and there is many errors in it . it would be nice to actualize it in the next update, but please keep the same actor for the voice ! (if you want, i can list you all the errors) . 2) in the settings menu, there should be an option for, when pressing the Next Week button, have a Yes/No confirmation pop-up window : on a smartphone screen,it's pretty easy to press it by mistake when exploring tiles of territory at the bottom part of the screen . 3) Apart from pressing the "next week" button, the only action who makes you automatically advance to the next week is the Explore action : it makes no sense to me : why couldn't we (by spending many materials points) send several exploration missions on the same turn ? :)

4. keithburgun

1). Probably next to 0 chance of updating the audio. I personally would love them to just turn off the audio, I was never a fan of that to begin with. I'll see about getting it turned off and fixing the text.
    2). I think if we had this option, no one would ever turn it on. It would get extremely annoying and make the game take way longer to play. There are a lot of times you have to hit Next Turn repeatedly, for example. I could maybe see moving the button or something though? Do others agree that this is really an issue?
    3). I agree, although I think it's pretty low on importance, and it's kind of high cost because we have to actually make there be a new button for exploring. I'll put some thought into it though.

5. crossbow

crossbow New Member

Ha ! i seen it happen many times while playing, but i couldn't pinpoint it precisely before today : Empire has a bug relative to the Explore action ! Normally, when you select a tile near the grey fog and press "Explore", you automatically switch to the next turn : Not always ! Relatively frequently, when you choose a territory tile along the border of this fog, the game unveils the surrounding tiles WITHOUT switching to the next week and WITHOUT even making appear the 'Explore' button ! BUT for this, you have to possess the amount of materials the exploration would have required, AND the game effectively substract this amount from your reserves, but WITHOUT the animation showing the materials transferred ! Try it : start a new game, and, as soon as the first week, start selecting under your finger several tiles all around of the grey fog border : Sometimes the exploration happens even on the Previous tile you had selected, not on the last one ! I dunno if it's specific to my IOS (Android 4.1 Jelly bean) or for all the devices ...
    I want to mention that when this " auto-exploration" happens, it is sometimes embarrassing ! One example that i had experimented : you have 65 materials,an enemy army is approaching and at one week distance of one of your cities . You have 5/6 units and want to train a warrior before the battle, but before that, you want to have a quick look at the territories : you put your finger near the border : Zap ! Auto-exploration ! the tiles are unveiled, the materials substracted from your account ... the result : you have not enough materials to train the last missing warrior before the onslaught ! Can you please inform the dev. team about this problem ? Thanks ! :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. keithburgun

@crossbow

Hey, sorry - I got the bug. It's been passed onto the developer, I think they'll fix it for the upcoming 1.3 version. Thanks again!

7. crossbow

crossbow New Member

A last thing that i noticed in the actual version and i think is not correct (it's really just a detail) :

In the window where you can train new army units, there is a diagram showing the squares attainable by a particular unit when it attacks .
    These squares are color-coded, and if my guesses are correct, Red is for the main (strong) attack, and Orange for the secondary (weak) attack .

Look at the Archer diagram -i think the colors are inverted .

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014