EMPIRE on ANDROID right now!

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by keithburgun, Oct 9, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

2. Senator

Senator Moderator

On Android, it seems to sometimes lose its saved game when you close the app and reopen later. I just lost about an hour's worth of play time :(

3. keithburgun

Ok, reported.

4. Kdansky

Kdansky Well-Known Member

I saw that on your sneaky Auro Kickstarter promotion update, and bought it. First impressions: This game is hard. 14 points on my first run, 6 on my second. It also insists really annoyingly that I make a google+ account.

keithburgun likes this.
  5. Senator

Senator Moderator

Good news, there was a silent Android update today that shut off the Google+ nag.

Kdansky and keithburgun like this.
  6. Senator

Senator Moderator

I'm still getting this error occasionally (but twice today). It actually seems as though all the app data is being lost, not just the saved game. Google Play Games login is reset (i.e., it asks me again if I want to join Google+), and I think sound settings are reset as well.

7. ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb New Member

Not sure why some think its too hard. Itsvery well balanced IMO.
    Just achieved high score on androids leaderboards. 4rth game, 1176 points.
    I'd love to see how that compares to other leader boards (I'm sure many have done way better). Only 130 players on droids boards so far.

Its a great game. Great look, feel, gameplay...really well done. I haven't had any issues to speak of.

Thanks so much for bringing a quality game to droid !!
    Elliot

8. keithburgun

Wow, you got 1176? That puts you in the top 5 or so players ever. Im looking at the list of all the iOS players and there's only 3 players who got a higher score than you.

Some guy named "pantherboy-japan" has 2,142 points! He must have broken the game. I actually just messaged him to find out what he's been doing.

9. keithburgun

BTW, in my ideal version of this game, nobody would be getting scores over like 3-400. So I'd love to hear about your strategy ComfortablyNumb.

10. ComfortablyNumb

2142, wow. Impressive. And I again, really love your game and will help however I can.

I can tell u a pretty detailed explanation of my strategy. No exploits, no abuse that I can see.. did take me forever...lol
    Send me a message? I'll go through it with u.

11. keithburgun

Oh actually that's for the last version actually, the highest scores on this one are around 1000.

12. ComfortablyNumb

I'd love to see a consolidated high score list somewhere. Do we have one?

I know it might be a nightmare to candidate from 3 platforms but I'd love to see how I am doing in relation to iOS and PC.

keithburgun likes this.
  13. keithburgun

Actually, great idea ComfortablyNumb. Once the game is a little more balanced I'll start doing a weekly compilation.

ComfortablyNumb likes this.
  14. ComfortablyNumb

Candidate? Lol.sorry auto correct on phone.

Thank you for entertaining this, I think it will help bring community together across platforms. Though I am not familiar with differences in PC version but nothing is ever perfect.

BTW. My scores have been averaging 900-1100 points with wizard and senator. Warrior general has been 400-600.