EMPIRE has been released on iOS!

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by keithburgun, Oct 5, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

2. Senator

Senator Moderator

Hope the launch is going well.

Unfortunately, Empire has a real problem with search engine discovery. Way too many games make "empire" part of their names or their sales copy, and the game is buried way down the app store search list for that term.

EnDevero likes this.
  3. TokyoDan

TokyoDan New Member

The App Store shows optimized for iPhone 5. Does Empire also support iPad and iPad Retina screen sizes or does it have to be played at 2X on those devices?

4. keithburgun

At the time of this writing, EMPIRE, the game I designed that just came out the other day, is #16 in the "Board" category on iOS. That puts it right above Scrabble, Settlers of Catan and Draw Something 2! So hopefully that search engine issue isn't TOO bad.

I believe it does support those screen sizes.

5. Senator

Senator Moderator

That's great. It also shows up right near the top of Touch Arcade's current list of "hot games".

The search thing in iTunes is bad--when you search the app store for "Empire," it shows up 38th in the list of apps, after dozens of apps that don't even have the word in their names--but the app store relies heavily on popularity for rankings, so as it grows in popularity, it will rise up the ranks. I would be most worried about it in connection with any mentions on podcasts or in web articles that do a poor job of linking to the game--but only up until it climbs the rungs of the App Store search algorithm.

6. keithburgun

Right. Well it can't be worse than Rydnmakzlsuap. But yeah - I'm open for suggestions on a name change or other measures we can take. If there are no measures we can take to fix this problem then probably we shouldn't worry about it too much.

7. TokyoDan

TokyoDan New Member

Yep. It looked so interesting thatI went and bought it anyway and pleasantly found that it runs at native screen size on my Retina iPad.

keithburgun likes this.
  8. Yojimbo252

Yojimbo252 New Member

Firstly congratulations on a great game.

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post but I'm experiencing a lot of crashes on my iPad 1. I've done the usual things to free up memory like closing down all the apps and switching off/on again but it's still an issue.

9. keithburgun

Hey, thanks. I'll have the coder look into that issue. Everyone should see some minor performance increase for version 1.1.

Yojimbo252 likes this.
  10. Yojimbo252

Yojimbo252 New Member

Thank you.

11. Senator

Senator Moderator

So, iOS achievements are all screwed up. I got the "survive 100 weeks" achievement without receiving any of the lower ones (e.g., "survive 40 weeks").