EMPIRE Graphs/Charts

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by keithburgun, Aug 16, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

With AURO, it always helped me a lot to visually draw out some of the feedback loops, counters and other systems of the game. Very early in the process, I did some of this, but a lot of the old charts I had were on paper and are now obsolete anyway. So here's the first draft of some new ones.

I haven't gotten into the kinds of buildings, or the kinds of units yet. Both of them could have direct relationships with certain things. Like, maybe if there aren't a lot of mountains, there's some relationship between that and a certain kind of building for example. This is just the basics, for now.

What do you think? Feel free to add your own modifications / additions etc.

[​IMG]

EDIT: BTW, this also is with the new concept in mind - that buying units can be done at any time.

Also I haven't included exploration yet, which would now be actually reliant on food AND materials, if it's something you can do when you level up your city.

Nachtfischer likes this.
  2. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

How does Policing work in this model? Can it be done at any time also?

3. Senator

Senator Moderator

Is Policing a different mode that I somehow haven't encountered yet? What are you referring to?

4. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Policing currently replaces adding to your army when your army is full. It gives you an extra Trash.

Senator likes this.