Empire beta is amazing!

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by vivafringe, Aug 13, 2013.

1. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member Staff Member

...Or, it might be, but it doesn't seem to ever install. Right now I am "waiting" indefinitely with a bar that is 0% filled.

2. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Well, it installed fine on my iPad 3 and iPod Touch 4 after some time in the "waiting" state. Didn't find the time to start up the game yet, but maybe it's an installing problem specifically with the iPhone (which I think you're using, viva?).

3. vivafringe

Yeah, this is on iPhone 5. I'll try to install on iPad when I get home I guess.

4. donderper

donderper Well-Known Member

I think my invite may have been lost in the mail

5. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

We definitely had at least one person who was able to install it. I'll look into it, maybe they did the same silly thing I did with the AURO beta and all the provisioning crap.

6. vivafringe

It's a different malfunction than the Auro thing. The Auro thing would get to 80% and then say "this could not be downloaded." This one just never actually starts.

7. keithburgun

Huh. Ok, will look into it.

8. keithburgun

Don, I have your email on our list, so if you didnt get an email to your handmadebyhenry address, I have no idea why.

9. donderper

donderper Well-Known Member

It's alright I found it, sorry about that.

10. vivafringe

Figured it out: I needed to be on WiFi for it to install.

EnDevero likes this.
  11. EnDevero

EnDevero Well-Known Member

Silly Viva :3

12. vivafringe

13. vivafringe

Do keeps do anything? Seems like no but I could be wrong.

14. EnDevero

EnDevero Well-Known Member

Keeps give you the option to trash cards when you go into the deck menu. At least they should.

15. Senator

Senator Moderator

Sadly, I've been trying to play both beta #1 and beta #2 (on a 4G iPod Touch), and finding that the game crashes after maybe 10 minutes. Once, it did so while my device was locked (i.e., I locked while playing, did some other things, then unlocked to find that the app had closed on its own). Another time, it did so while I was trying to explore.

I'll stick to playing on the iPad for now, but that will drastically lower the amount of time I can spend on the game (iPad stays at home, and I have about 1/2 hour per day--if I'm lucky--to interact with it).

16. keithburgun

Senator, reported this to the lead programmer. Will look into it!

17. Senator

Senator Moderator

Possibly related: On the iPod, the game never gives me the option to continue the last game I was playing, whereas the iPad does. On the iPod, games are just lost when the app quits (which is pretty much whenever you open another app). The iPad allows me to continue a game, even after I force-quit the app.

18. Senator

Senator Moderator

Actually, I decided to try on the iPod again tonight, and there was a Continue button (continuing the last, crashed game). Unfortunately, after I tapped it, the game just showed the Loading screen for about 5 minutes before I killed the app.