Empire 1.3 changes (previously was "1.2")

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by keithburgun, Nov 8, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Good idea. I'll see what we can do about that.

2. Aranthys

Aranthys New Member

Heya !
    Just logged in to say, I find it kinda sad that the emprerors are getting "less different" now (with a max command of 2 / max redraw of 1).
    If possible, please, please ensure these stay different enough so they stay interesting.

A good way to do this would be to add, say, 3 unique cards to each emperor (They would all start with one unique card and the others would have to be earned somehow... maybe by paying 3 gems ?)
    Maybe even balance them

IE :
    Shirin: Gets access to unique cards (tactical ? Spells ?) that enhance the moving/skirmish ability of your army
    Examples :
    - Warcry : Your units instantly attack if they can (Great for Warriors / Riders)
    - Battle Tempo : Instantly redraw all the other cards in your hand (IE : redraw 1-3 cards instantly)
    - Reposition : Move 1 to 3 units 1 horizontal/vertical space

Senator: Gets access to unique abilities that buffs your army / debuffs opponents
    Examples :
    - Intimidating Orders : A spell that forces your enemy unit to not move this turn and grants you +2 redraw.
    - War speech : A spell that increases your unit damage by 1 and lower your enemy unit damage by 1 until next turn.

Wizard: Gets access to unique spells that have a "wizard" feel to it, and grant unique abilities, but do not buff/debuff unit on the board
    Examples :
    Teleport - lets you move a friendly OR enemy unit 1-2 spaces in any direction
    Mind Control - Target enemy attacks their friends this turn, as if it was your own unit
    Meteor - Same as current

If an ability is too powerful, you would make it cost 2 command points (IE : Mind Control)

Other features that would be welcome :
    - To be be able to pass recieving a card after a victory : There comes a time, if you're doing the right things when you don't want to add cards to your deck anymore. If it's a balancing issue, maybe add a cost to it ?
    - To be able to remove cards other than strife more easily : Same problem : as your deck evolves, some cards become useless. Attach a cost to it if required.
    - A card reference menu, where one can see all existing cards - I haven't seen that, and I think it would be a welcome addition.

Regarding 1.3 proposal :
    - Gaining strife when your city levels up feels.. uncool. If feel like you'll get way, way too much strife in your decks with your current 1.3 proposal
    - Destroying a nest should add another small benefit, IE : That nest doesn't respawn for the next X weeks (Otherwise, I find there's ... a very low incentive to attack nests)
    - Regarding your level increasing the strife in the default deck : bad, bad, bad idea - will make leveling unfun (Strife is good for attrition, but horribly sucks as a mechanic at the beginning of the game - starting with 10 strife cards would make for very unfun games.) Or, if you add that "level" part, please let someone start a game at the level he wants, up to his currently maximum attained level (Winning/Losing wouldn't add/remove XP in that case).

keithburgun likes this.