Dinofarm Community Podcast

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by SwiftSpear, Mar 20, 2017.

1. SwiftSpear

SwiftSpear Active Member

2. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

richy likes this.
  3. SwiftSpear

SwiftSpear Active Member

Hey guys, for the second week in a row we've failed to get together in time to put a podcast together. It's not so much a problem that life gets in the way of the podcast, but being a multi-member podcast it's a bit frustrating to get 4 people give a "maybe" and then two people show up to a show that's not really going to happen.

We've been weak on establishing a topic early enough for the panel to come in well researched, and we've been weak about establishing/keep the commitment to show up and record.

I'm going on vacation for the next two weeks, so you guy will be left to your own devices in terms of planning and editing, Maybe we'll take a season break? Seems like people were in general too busy to commit the last few weeks for mostly understandable reasons. And honestly, I don't think it's just us, there seems to be fewer game design articles around recently and slower discussion than we often see.

We should figure out if there's some organizational structure we can stick to going forward that will work for everyone. What do you guys think?

Redless, Hopenager and keithburgun like this.
  4. keithburgun

I'd be down to do it more if you need more people. I just hesitate to come on because I have my own podcast already and because usually when I'm on it's like "the everyone kindly argue with Keith show".

As to articles and stuff, yeah. What happened!? Early 2017 was looking so good! Evizaer and Hopenager were writing a lot of articles! It was a good time.

I wanna hear more about the design process of BBB, @Hopenager - I'd love to read a design blog about what changes you're making and why.

Also I hear tell @evizaer is doing a game, so maybe that will be something he can write about?

The last 2-3 weeks I've been in a Push the Lane HOLE but I now have a piece of software that I can start doing game design with. I will write some stuff about that for sure. My article-writing and such will probably take a slight back-seat to ACTUAL GAME MAKING for a little while. Too much of my life has been in talking about game design.

I think @BrickRoadDX is also pretty deep in the development of his game, haven't heard much from him recently.

Hey @Nachtfischer - did you hear Garcia left the discord? You should come by more often now :)

Hopenager likes this.
  5. keithburgun