Announcement! Beta starts on the 12th!

Discussion in 'EMPIRE (by Crazy Monkey Studios)' started by keithburgun, Aug 7, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Hey, just a quick announcement to let you guys know that the beta will be starting on the 12th of this month - pretty soon!

Here's an accompanying blog post!

Looking forward to your feedback.

Dasick, vivafringe and Nachtfischer like this.
  2. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member Staff Member

Removing the AI races definitely seems like the right call. AIs can have a place (I loved co-op bot-bashing in Super Smash Bros Melee), but in games where you really care about score, it seems like an AI is just adding a ton of hidden rules to a game that don't really pull their weight.

EnDevero likes this.
  3. Dasick

Dasick Well-Known Member

I agree that overly complicated AI is not going to be a good thing until we have AI that can respond to being exploited (ie, learn), but I don't think AI in single-player is such a horrible thing, especially when it has some sort of an advantage, some randomness to it's behaviour, someway to telegraph it's intentions, and possibly some randomness to the advantage it gets.

That being said, sounds like a sound approach for this particular mode, and I'm really looking forward to the beta.

4. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I totally agree with all of you. Obviously I hope the game will be a huge success, so that we can have some awesome multiplayer/AI updates in the future.

Can't wait for the beta to tell you how confusing it really is! :p