100 Rogues Update Fix

Discussion in '100 Rogues' started by keithburgun, Sep 17, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

2. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Replicated the crash-on-satan-death, this time with Skellyman, also on Rogue.

E: Did not crash on satan death with tourist. I think the ending cutscene is screwed up.
    E2: Did crash with Crusader.

3. major_shiznick

major_shiznick Well-Known Member

I play the OS X version from time to time, and I'm wonder just how far out-of-date my version is compared to what other people are playing. Things that come to mind:
    • There are @ symbols
    • There are hallways
    • Dinoman is not a selectable character, but Monster classes are

4. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

I believe the OSX version was never updated from its original version, and yeah it came out before the Dinoman update. So I think it's just frozen in time there. I believe that there are very, very few OSX players, so it didn't seem worth it for Fusion to update the game.

You don't have an iOS device, major? You can also play the game on Ouya if you (for some strange reason) have one of those.

major_shiznick likes this.
  5. major_shiznick

Somehow that never occurred to me...

6. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Is the OSX version available anywhere? It isn't showing up in the App Store.

7. major_shiznick

The only way I can find it is to look at my purchase history. Speculation: Apple purges apps that aren't explicitly compatible with their currently maintained OS's, i.e., 10.8-10. It's buggy to a point where it sometimes interferes with basic gameplay, so I frankly can't recommend it unless you want to develop bizarre legacy-version speedrunning tech.

8. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

This fix appears to have broken the Game Center leaderboards. And I didn't notice for a year because I don't use Game Center.