100 Rogues Update Fix

Discussion in '100 Rogues' started by keithburgun, Sep 17, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

Apparently an update to 100 Rogues was released today which claims to fix the issues with the last version. Hopefully everyone can resume their satan-hunting now.

Nachtfischer likes this.
  2. Senator

Senator Moderator

Unfortunately, 100 Rogues' QA curse strikes again. On level 2, I ran into a room that was totally gated off from the rest of the level, because it was offset by one tile from the hallway that led into it.

Also, the map is pretty much useless on a small device, because rather than being centered in the middle of the screen as it used to be, it is now centered on the lower left corner. You can pretty much see only the room you are in, which is already visible onscreen, and maybe something to the east and north of it.

3. keithburgun

Ok, have reported it to Wes. Hopefully he can put out another patch soon.

4. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

(Disclaimer: I am updating straight from the build before Satan became immortal. These changes may be old.)

It seems like the new map generator makes a lot flat levels, which are either linear or have a single branch. Since updating, I have never seen a map where it was possible to approach a room from more than one direction.

This is a major loss of decision power. If there's a room which a character cannot handle, they cannot go around. They either die attempting to pass the room, get stuck on the wrong side of the room, or get lucky and don't need to pass through it. In previous versions, I often found myself backing out of a room, circling around, and approaching it from a different direction. This is no longer possible, ever.

If the map is linear, each room might as well be its own level, except for the option to lure enemies into corridors.

Nachtfischer likes this.
  5. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

The Dark Pope fight is skippable. The player can teleport, quick step or charge over the trigger and go down the stairs. They should then exit to the menu and continue their game. If they do not do this, the Dark Pope might spawn in the middle of Hell. This gives any nearby enemies a bunch of free turns and is usually fatal.

I mentioned this to Keith already, but I don't think I reported it directly. It was a necessary component of the strategy that led to the 74 turn speedrun.

keithburgun likes this.
  6. keithburgun

Have reported it to Wes, will let you know what he says.

7. BankBank

BankBank Member

I bought the game a few days ago, and none of the skill description dialog boxes display properly.
    Pressing a skill button causes the description dialog to appear, but only the very bottom of it, as the box is displayed above the top of the screen, so only the bottom edge of the dialog box is visible.
    iphone 5.

8. keithburgun

ok, also reported! Thanks!

9. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I had a game recently where I ended up in an apparently one-room level with no down-stairs. The two teleporters inside the room both led to other places within the room.

keithburgun likes this.
  10. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

There was another update on iOS, that's supposed to fix the map generation issues. Woohoo!

11. keithburgun

Yaya! Let me know if it's fixed.

12. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Well, I just played through two floors and I can confirm that the levels are repaired. No weird 100% one-tile-wide corridor maps anymore. So, tactics matter again! :D

keithburgun likes this.
  13. Senator

Senator Moderator

Yeah, everything seems to have been fixed (including the offset of the minimap), and there are no more hallways, which is a really cool change.

keithburgun likes this.
  14. keithburgun

Yep that's from the OUYA version!

15. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I just spotted a locker hanging out below the bottom of the map.

Also, treasure density seems to be lower, but this may be an artifact of not being able to easily track where I haven't looked yet, or of bad luck.

I've had one crash so far, when double-tapping a scroll in a shop.

16. Senator

Senator Moderator

The weird bug in which enemies sometimes wander through the walls, seemingly ignoring the player (after teleporting into the room, maybe?) is still in effect as well...

17. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Related to Senator's issue, I saw a blue bat whose sprite appeared half a screen away from its actual position. When I killed the invisible enemy on its actual spot, the sprite slid to that spot and died.

18. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

The game crashed irrecoverably upon using a level-2 Amefyst to kill Satan. That brings the score to 2 crashes in 5 games, but this one is about second on my all time most frustrating crashes list.

19. keithburgun

Ah, sorry about that, Bucky! I'll pass it along to Wes.

20. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

The unfair missile bug is still in. I just died to two simultaneous and un-dodgable missiles. And yes, I quick-stepped the turn they fired and moved every subsequent turn.

EDIT: I think this happens when a missile spawns and is inserted after its launcher in the monster-action-list, so it does an extra turn of travel right away.