100 Rogues on OUYA

Discussion in '100 Rogues' started by keithburgun, Jul 18, 2013.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Administrator, Lead Designer Staff Member

For those who don't already know, Wes, the coder for Fusion Reactions, has been working on the OUYA port of 100 Rogues for about a year. Back when he started, I was able to slip in a couple important balance changes.

Well, today I finally got to play the OUYA version of 100 Rogues, and I can say that it's by far the best version of the game ever. I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet so I can't comment on that (I just have one controller), but as to the basic game rules:

- single-thick hallways are GONE. The maps are now much more open and VASTLY better for it.
    - QUICK MODE allows you to play a game in half as much time (mind you, that's still like an HOUR to get to the end...)
    - Several really good balance changes, such as Faith being an innate for the Crusader and teleport can now only teleport to the fairy's sides (so if she's facing upwards, she can only teleport up to 3 tiles right, or up to 3 tiles left, no diagonals or back).
    - Locker removed.

I'm excited about it. Will post more when I've played the Multiplayer mode.

2. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Wow, sounds great! How will multiplayer work? Cooperative?

I hope some of these changes will make it over to the next iOS patch (that first and foremost should fix the current game-breaker bug).

3. keithburgun

I actually don't know how multiplayer works, I'll get back to you on that. And yeah, these changes will come to iOS - sans multiplayer.

4. keithburgun

The game was submitted yesterday to the OUYA app store. I have no idea how long they take to approve it, but I'll post again when it's out.

Not sure any of the Dinofarm board people even have an OUYA yet, actually, heh.

EDIT: Annnnd, it's out!