AURO Update for Jan. 2013
Hey everyone! So the game has been coming along really smoothly recently, but I wanted to fill you all in on how things are going.
About a month ago, we sort of “finished working on gameplay” and moved onto adding other features such as Story Mode and Character Select and now even the Tutorial. That’s all planned out and now partially implemented; in fact, the opening cutscene is basically done! Pretty exciting.
Since then, I’ve also went back and dove into the gameplay again, making some major improvements, particularly to the Fire tree. Fire has been particularly difficult to get right because of its “direct damagey” nature, but I think I might be onto something this time.
We’ve also updated our schedule, from here to release. We now are at a point where we’re just about 100% certain exactly what features will make it to release day. With all that in mind, we’ve determined that we can have the game out on Android by May 1. Hopefully we can have it out on iOS no later than a month after, but that will be contingent mostly on backend technical stuff.
Finally, we’ve also determined that we need to launch with 2 extra character classes. One will be the evil Prince Argo, and one will be a secret unannounced character. After launch, we’ll get started on all the backer’s NPCs and PCs. Will be exciting.
Also hey, here’s a screenshot of Auro in a mode that we use that lets us see most of the level at once, just for debugging purposes. We thought it’d be cool to see that, so here you go! Keep in mind some of those monsters, such as the SQUID, have temporary artwork.
If you’re interested in participating in the Beta, shoot us an email! We have some room for a couple new testers.